Thursday, July 12, 2012

Art I'm Working On - Slices

It's been a while since I've updated this blog with my art work projects, particularly works in progress.  As it turns out, I have 3 very large art projects and one small silly one on the go right now.  I'm going to spend the next few days updating you on my progress with each project.
This is a sketch I drew a few months back.  The concept is to celebrate the many textures and colours of things you spread on bread.  It's for my series called "Senses".
Since drawing the sketch, I've started to collect all different kinds of spreads from all over the world.  I've photographed them, eaten them, and the piece is starting to come together.  I still need to find a photograph a few more spreads, but I think I should be able to find enough.
This is the start of the spreaded edge, it needs a little more work, but i'm pretty happy with it.

Later